Early ON Child & Family CentresInfo @ DFRFR
Free playspaces and parenting information for families!
Our Early ON Child & Family Centres are friendly meeting places for parents, grandparents and caregivers with children 0-6 years of age in their care. All programs are free of charge. The centres are places where adults and children come to play together, meet new friends, gain skills and share ideas. Both resources and information is available for parents/caregivers on child and family related topics.
Come be inspired to learn, share and meet new friends!
- Port Bolster
All centres offer:
- Family Play-to-Learn – Stay and play with your child at our fully equipped programs. Paint and create in the Art area, dress up in the Drama area, build in the Construction area or curl up with a book in the Quiet area. Each program day features a circle time.
- Toy-lending library – Beat toy boredom without spending a fortune! Toys, books, puzzles and theme kits with a variety of activities are available for borrowing.
Parent and Caregiver Information
The Early ON Child & Family Centres offer parents and caregivers a number of opportunities to increase their skills and knowledge in providing care for their children. Becoming a great parent/caregiver takes time and lots of practice. You can learn a lot from being around other good parents/caregivers – watching to see how they solve problems. Another way is to attend one of our parent education programs. Programs are offered in the centres with childcare provided.
Parent educations programs and supports available include:
- Resource-lending library – A selection of reading and listening material on parenting and childcare issues is available for borrowing.
- Workshops and seminars – Topics range from interactive hands-on to informational sessions and are held in cooperation with other agencies and organizations to provide parenting and child care information.
- Community Information – Pick up information on other parenting and early childhood information in the community.
- Childcare Registry – Located at our Uxbridge Centre, the Caregiver registry is available for families beginning their search for childcare.
- Ready Set Grow Check Ups – Offered yearly in both Townships, a collaborative, community screening for babies and children to 6 years. This is a free drop in time for parents to bring their children and ask questions about their learning, development and behaviour.
Volunteers are welcome and encouraged to help in a variety of ways. For information about opportunities, speak with our centre staff.
Please contact us for more information.