COVID-19 UpdateInfo @ DFRFR
Early ON Parent/Caregiver Information
We are excited to welcome families and caregivers back to the north Durham Early ON programs.
As centers reopen, we will continue to provide programs that reflect the view of children, parents and caregivers as competent, capable, curious and rich in potential and experience. We will continue to develop relationships with children and families while keeping parent/caregivers, children and educators safe and healthy.
Early ON programs will follow the most current recommendations to reduce the spread of COVID-19 provided by the Ministry of Health.
- Effective October 1, families will be required to register for all EarlyON programs, including outdoor and virtual. Families that are not registered will not be permitted to participate in programs.
- Program calendars will be available at durham.ca/EarlyON
- To register for programs in Uxbridge, please email, firstname.lastname@example.org
- To register for programs in Brock Township, please email, email@example.com
- Programs space will be limited and are therefore requesting only one family member accompany each child participant.
- Drop-in programs will not be available until further notice.
- Outdoor programs will be set up to encourage physical distancing and eliminate the use of shared toys and equipment.
- Masks and PPE will not be required in outdoor programs where a distance of 2m can be maintained.
- Families must screen themselves, both parent/caregiver and children, prior to arriving at the program.
- Upon arrival, staff will review screening questions with participants.
- Indoor programs will be set up to encourage physical distancing and eliminate the use of shared toys and equipment. Families will be required to place all toys used by their children into the provided cleaning and disinfecting bin. Toys and equipment will not be shared until they are cleaned and disinfected.
- Wearing masks will be required of all adults when participating in indoor programs. Some exceptions apply. Please discuss with staff. Children over the age of 2 will be encouraged to wear a mask.
- Families will be encouraged to maintain physical distancing of 2m while in the program.
- Families will be required to disinfect their hands before participating in the program. Children will be required to wash their hands. Parents/Caregivers may use hand sanitizer.
- Families will be asked to limit the number of personal belongings that are brought into the program space. All belongings will be cleaned and disinfected by parents/caregivers upon arrival to the program.
- Cubbies and storage areas will be set up to ensure there is a space between personal belongings.
- When setting-up table activities, staff will use tables at opposite ends of the room to encourage physical distancing.
- Families will not be permitted to prepare food or use the fridge.
- Singing will not be permitted indoors.
- At this time, indoor programs will be offered at a limited number of locations. We will continue to open additional indoor program locations over the next few months.
- All families will be asked to screen prior to arriving at the program location. The screening checklist will be sent electronically upon registration.
- Each day upon arrival, all parents/caregivers, children and staff will be asked questions provided by Public Health that are designed to screen for illness. Each individual will also be required to report their temperature. All families will be asked to screen prior to arriving at the program.
- Parents/Caregivers must maintain physical distance while waiting to be screened. Signage and markings on the pavement will remind parents to maintain a 2m distance
- If parent/caregiver or child exhibits one or more COVID-19 symptom, they will not be permitted to enter the program area.
- All staff will be screened prior to entering the program space.
- Staff will be required to wear a medical grade mask as well as a face shield while interacting with families.
- Staff that show any symptoms will not be permitted to work.
These guidelines are subject to change as per the direction of the Ministry of Education Child Care and local Public Health Units.
For more information about our policies and procedures please speak to a staff or contact, firstname.lastname@example.org.