Job Posting – Family Support Worker – Brock TownshipInfo @ DFRFR
Family Support Worker – Durham Farm and Rural Family Resources, Early ON Child and Family Centres
Job Title: Family Support Worker – Part time (contract) must be able to work flexible hours including days and Saturdays.
Position Level: Family Support – Program Coordinator
Job Location – Uxbridge Early ON CFC (Uxbridge Public School, 64 Victoria Dr., Uxbridge)
Brock Early ON CFC (locations to be determined in Brock Township)
Program: Durham Farm and Rural Family Resources Early ON Child and Family Centres provide opportunities for families/children (ages prenatal to 6 years of age), to participate in play and inquiry based programs while offering support to parents/caregivers in their roles. DFRFR offers safe and welcoming environments open to all families. Programs are offered throughout Uxbridge and Brock Township.
Responsibilities: The Family Support Worker will work as a positive and effective member of a team to plan and deliver early learning and family support programs that engage families and young children within the Early ON CFC guidelines. The Family Support Worker will plan and implement programs that are culturally sensitive, developmentally appropriate and reflective of the community needs in order to promote areas of development and support parenting. The Family Support Worker will provide training and/or workshops to families regarding child development and parenting as required by the Early ON CFC core service mandate. The Family Support Worker will communicate and work collaboratively with partnering agencies to provide support to families.
- The successful candidate for the Program Coordinator position must be registered with the College of Early Childhood Education (R.E.C.E.) and in good standing.
- The successful candidate will have at least one (1) year of experience working with children and families preferably in a Family Support Program.
- The position requires a knowledge and understanding of “How Does Learning Happen? Ontario Pedagogy for the Early Years”.
- A genuine enthusiasm for working with young children, their parents and caregivers.
- The position requires excellent oral communication and writing skills, demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with community agencies, strong organizational and computer skills and the ability to work in a team environment.
- Police reference check, and Standard First Aid & CPR certificates required.
Please email resumes and cover letters, stating job title by July 30th, 2021 to email@example.com.